Focused on quality care
Our pathology team at LSU Health Shreveport is focused on providing exceptional pathology services to support our clients and the patients they serve. We offer comprehensive diagnostic services, across multiple specialties, with focus on outstanding customer service, industry-leading turnaround time and physician-to-physician consultations.
Our team is committed to ensuring that you have the decision-making diagnostic support needed to achieve an optimal outcome for your patients.
The primary mission of Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at Shreveport is to teach, heal, and discover, in order to advance the wellbeing of the region and beyond. In implementing its mission, LSUHSCis committed to:
- Educating physicians, basic scientists, residents, fellows and allied health professionals based on state-of-the-art curricula, methods, and facilities, preparing students for careers in health care service, teaching and research.
- Providing state-of-the-art clinical care, including a range of tertiary special services, to an enlarging and diverse regional base of patients.
- Achieving distinction and international recognition for basic science and clinical research programs that contribute to the body of knowledge and practice in science and medicine.
- Supporting the region and the State in economic growth and prosperity by utilizing research and knowledge to engage in productive partnerships with the private sector.
- Fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion that promotes mutual respect for all.
- 1970 -
- The Pathology Department was established at Confederate Memorial Medical Center with the appointment of Dr. Albert Goodin Smith, Professor and Head of Department.
- 1978 -
- Dr. McDonald and his transplant team successfully performed thirteen kidney transplants by early 1978, which led to the LSU Medical Center’s designation as a kidney transplant center by the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare.
- 1978 -
- The 1976 merger of Confederate Memorial Medical Center and the LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport resulted in the name being changed to LSU Hospital in Shreveport, to better reflect the mission of a teaching hospital.
- 1999 -
- The name was changed to Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center.
- 2012 -
- The nephropathology outreach program launched to serve nephrologists nationally.
LSU Health is always looking to add exceptional people to our team. If you are passionate about helping others and would like an opportunity with our team please review our career opportunities.
Our Pathology Team
- Dr. King received her PhD in Anatomy from East Tennessee State University, Quillen College of...
- Dr. Georgescu is one of the few investigators with an extensive expertise in both molecular...
- Dr. Gu finished his pathology residency training at LSU Health Sciences Center in June 2001...
- Dr. Flowers research interests include the role of immunohistochemistry in the evaluation of renal neoplasms,...
- Dr. Mercado completed both his medical education and residency at The University of Puerto Rico...
Our Business Support Team
George Lozano, MBA
For additional information on services offered by the LSU Pathology Outreach Program contact George Lozano
Assistant Business Manager
For account and billing information contact
(318) 675-5869 (office)
(318) 675-6444 (fax)